Injury (doctor's diagnosis)
- When a doctor is called during a contest due to an injury, etc., the contestant who requests the doctor shall lose the contest except in special cases, giving the opponent a "Kiken-gachi" (win by withdrawal).
- A doctor's diagnosis occurs under the following conditions.
- When the referee decides that a contestant's condition could result in a serious head or back injury, a doctor's diagnosis can be requested as many times as the referee deems appropriate.
- In the case of bleeding, measures can be taken up to 2 times (at the same body location) to stop the bleeding. (If bleeding occurs a 3rd time at the same location, the opponent is awarded a "Kiken-gachi" [win by withdrawal]).
- Contestants are allowed 2 opportunities to treat (by themselves) minor injuries such dislocated fingers, etc. (If the injury occurs a 3rd time at the same location, the opponent is awarded a "Kiken-gachi" [win by withdrawal]).
- A fingernail injury or vital point injury may be tended by a doctor.